Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Purl Of Great Price

I am the proud owner of a pair of hand knit socks. Made from a special blended wool, they feel smooth and light, and just warm enough. My daughter, The Knitting Queen, started these socks some time ago and finally finished them. My grandmother used to make me socks when I was a child but the wool was itchy and super thick.


There is something comforting in knowing that socks can be made right under your own roof.


She has been knitting for little Peter, her friend's new baby boy. He is sleeping in a soft saque decorated with little owls. Babies tend to be night owls, uncertain of when day ends and night begins.


             I love the look of handmade treasures and really appreciate the love and care in each gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?