Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Being Mortal and Imperfect

   I'm trying my hand at painting on inexpensive canvas boards. There is much more to cover compared to an art journal. I had an idea that I wanted to re-visit the gifts of imperfection. They could also be called the gifts of mortality. My goal was to show these gifts as jewels.


   I started with a patchwork of color and the peacock as a symbol of the final outcome of trudging through life embracing the gifts. The designs on the feathers ascend to tell the truth that these three gifts lift us up.


   On the tag I have a cage with a smaller bird indicating that our lives can feel like cages where we are trapped. But as Isaiah states there is rest in the future.

      Isaiah 14:3 "And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve."


                      Unwrapping these gifts can make the journey joyous and full of possibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?