Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Valentine

Today is not Valentine's Day but my valentine would not want me to honor him on the day. He hates holidays which dictate what one should do, especially commercially. 


   We will celebrate our 40th anniversary in a few months. I have lived with this man twice as long as I lived with my parents. Our courtship was short due to the fact that when we met I was dating his roommate. I was finding better conversation with Mark so the roommate began to disappear. By the time I fully noticed my error I was committed heart wise to the long. tall Texan. I listen to him breathe at night and feel so fortunate to be with someone who stirs me to be my best self. We have changed since those years at college. Whew! That is a relief. We are in our best years and I pray to have many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?