Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Preserving Seeds

    I started the Book of Mormon again and I am never disappointed. There are always new ideas that pop out of nowhere. Take 1 Nephi 8 for example. That chapter covers Lehi's dream. But as I read the first verse I smiled to see how Nephi, or the abridger, connected the gathering of physical seeds to the gathering of the family of God.
      1 Nephi 8:1 "And it came to pass that we had gathered together all manner of seeds of every kind, both of grain of every kind, and also of the seeds of fruit of every kind."
     After announcing that his dream he makes the connection to the seed, his posterity.
     1 Nephi 8:3 "And behold, because of the thing which I have seen, I have reason to rejoice in the Lord because of Nephi and also of Sam; for I have reason to suppose that they, and also many of their seed, will be saved."
     That fruit most delicious and desirable, started from a seed. That seed of desiring to partake of the Love of God, or Christ's Atonement, is what we want to plant, nurture, and finally partake
     1 Nephi 8:12 "And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit. "


          Seeds equal posterity, fruit equals love, all these analogies simmer in the Book of Mormon to be enjoyed again and again. Many of us are gathering seeds right now before Spring comes. It is the perfect time to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?