Friday, February 14, 2014

"The Red Knit Cap Girl"

   I love children's books. I still buy them and get such a delight in reading them to anyone, really. My current favorite is "Red Knit Cap Girl", written and illustrated by Naoko Stoop.


   She's curious, adventuresome, and a solver of problems. Her friends are very supportive. She always wears her red knit cap. If the greatest form of flattery is imitation then I want to let you know that I love Naoko's stories and illustrations, and her little character keeps showing up in my art journal. Here are some recent examples.


   In my version, her friends are a sort of suspect rat and an "over the top" happy frog. I'm trying to like the rat.


                                        Here she is, a little over dressed in my favorite reading corner.


     She jumped up onto the stool and started painted at my art desk. I hope her skills are better than mine.


         And finally, on our recent snow day she shouted for joy right on my front porch. On this Valentine's Day of red color, grab your red cap and give someone a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?