Thursday, July 3, 2014

Exhale

    I am sitting on the couch as Thursday becomes Friday with a cold. My body is signaling me that two nights without decent sleep cannot be maintained. The night often brings quick shallow breathing as I allow my mind to run pell mell through the scenarios of trouble and trial. There are many concerns on my plate but ironically I have very little ability to change them. I can support, buoy up, and cheer on the ones I love but I cannot take away the burdens they carry.


    Tonight I plan on having a long exhale after two many gulps of care. This picture reminds me that even amidst the debris the world has ability to be beautiful and strong. I'm small in he larger scheme of things and being small allows me the right to inhale and exhale the goodness that is so much bigger than me.

I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully makes sense.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pray a peaceful nights sleep over you. Great picture and words tonight, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photograph and how you tied it into your writing. I felt this flowed very beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?