Thursday, July 24, 2014

Finish

        I came to Lisa Jo Bakers's Five Minute Friday very recently. She has been bringing writers together for a very long time. When we give ourselves to something that is good and a blessing to others there comes a time for it to end. I recently ended a decade of Music and Movement for Children. I loved the toddlers who blessed me with honesty, enthusiasm, and often unabashed love. I thought I would play with them until I physically could not.


           But, last fall as I tried to plan the next semester I felt a huge weight come over me. I was done. Not exhausted but ready to call it quits. My partner felt the same, thank goodness. I was worried that I would disappoint her. We made many families happy and they made us feel warm and cherished. There is a time and season to all things under heaven.

I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully makes sense.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are blessed by whatever is next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this..."your thoughts to the keyboard"...I think that is the beauty of FMF for me as well, no time to think about whether it is good or even makes sense, but just DOING it. Also, what a beautiful program you ran to teach music and movement to children! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you brought happiness to the lives of many through your work and would continue to do so in some or the other way. All the best!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?