Friday, August 8, 2014

Fill

      I'm taking a I-Phone Photography class online. The current project is "fill the frame". Getting up close to an object allows detail to emerge that is otherwise lost to the eye. In the process there is one downfall, clarity. Things get blurry up close. To do this assignment well I have to take my time focusing and allowing my little lens to adjust.


   There is a parallel in my relationship to my Savior. He needs to fill the frame of my life. When I get close to Him there can be a tendency to lose focus. It can turn into a pleading all about me. How can I adjust my lens to encompass His story and His mission?


I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully makes sense.


2 comments:

  1. very true words... Jesus needs to fill the frame of our lives. How'd you find an iPhone photography class? that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the metaphor. I often feel like I need to "fill the frame" with Christ, but it is hard to lose focus and make it all about me. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?