Friday, September 12, 2014

Ready

   READY?
     I know that getting ready is really important but what I forget from day to day is the mental imagery that getting ready provides. When I take my husband to work I pass by the gym at 6:00am. If my bag is on the table I give myself the mental message that I am ready to stop at the gym.


   When I emptied an extra bedroom and created a creative space for myself I sent the mental message that I am ready to create whenever I have some time.


  Even as I begin to play the piano if I hover just ever so slightly over the keys and get ready mentally to  play my physical gestures are more precise and articulated.


     Get ready and you will want to go!

I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully makes sense.

 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I especially like the picture of your creative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post about the word "ready". The gym bag gives me some ideas about what I should be doing with my time, again. Thank you! visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love to see you playing piano. I am so in love with my piano. I still struggle but I consider that part of the learning process, especially since I'm still dealing with some residual deficiencies from my stroke. How wonderful that you're focusing so much on your creativity. Love that.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?