Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sharing Art

    This year has brought so many firsts to my life. My first online art class. my first art show, and now my first chance to teach what I know, the limited amount that I know, to others. Courage to experiment was the theme I picked up among these students. No words of comparison were heard by my ear.


   This was not a project where everyone copied the teacher. This was a process class. Every piece was different and reflected individual thought. I loved that!


     Many new words circulated, such as gel medium, integration, texture, and heat tool. I learned tons about giving instructions and guiding towards the next step on their artwork.


    What focus I had to have to roam around to see where everyone was and what they possibly needed next.


   Mistakes were made but solutions were handy. Mixed Media offers a wide array of opportunities. Opportunities to see and feel with sensory eyes. I like the opportunity it offers me to find meaning and purpose for the simple things in my life. Bravo ladies and kind gentleman!


6 comments:

  1. Gabriel I am so happy to have followed you on this awesome journey over the past year. It is an honor to call you my friend. You have continually inspired me to show up and be creative as you have done day after day. We have Brenè to thank for introducing us to this wonderful wholehearted journey. Take care hugs and have a beautiful creative week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have been there in person. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would have loved to visit with you if you had been there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I would have liked to have attended! How great that you're sharing your gifts with others....and it looked like everyone had such a great time (and that you liberated them sufficiently for them to produce wonderful works of art themselves)! Your post has made my day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?