Friday, May 8, 2015

Meet

    Would you like to eavesdrop on a conversation? To be fair these two women are only struggling with what we all struggle with when we meet the opposing inclinations in our nature. I have, with judgmental side notes, put their comments under a magnifying glass.

   " I haven't been to the gym in days" (I haven't been good)

  " What has been happening in your life?"
  "I have been cutting down blackberries in my neighbors yard" (Doing good)
   "That's nice."
   " It is the only way that I can keep them out of my yard." ((Confessing to being self-serving instead of being good)
    "Oh..."
    "The neighbor has been in such poor health." (Restoring the doing good impression)
     
      
   That kind of conversation goes on inside of me all the time. I want to do good but I seem to be majorly influence by a self-serving attitude. Am I bad? Am I alone in this fallen nature? Do other people do good without thought?



  Moroni 7:13 "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God."

    Scriptures give a different picture. It is God's influence that entices us to do good. 


   Ether 4:12 "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me--that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world."

   I believe I have another huge reason to be grateful. I appreciate and love my savior for showing me the good. I appreciate him for enticing me to be good. When I am good, I thank him for that.


I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

2 comments:

  1. Our hearts are ever wandering and typically for our own purposes. It is only through grasping how great God's love is for us that our hearts can be refocused on His purposes. It's a moment by moment challenge some days!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Tammy
    #FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful for His reminders to follow His ways instead of my own! <3

    visiting from FMF --- Sarah Jo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?