Friday, February 12, 2016

Limit


“The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.” 

― Rumi

What if God created with a palette of two colors only? We might not know the difference, but having experienced a world of endless colors how limited our views would be. Perhaps limits are an earthly thing, not an eternal thing.



    While raising my children I would tell my husband at the end of the day that my energy was gone. Kaputt! Nothing was left inside of me. He would smile and ask if energy had a cap. Was there just so much in one day? I emphatically said yes. I knew he did not believe me and way down deep I wondered if there really was another layer of resilience I could call upon when I felt entirely finished.
  Last year my rhododendron tree bloomed twice, once in January and again in September. That was unheard of by me and I have lived here almost thirty years. I see now, in February, it is trying to bloom. It is supposed to bloom, but what if it gave all it had last year? Will it pull from it's very roots the energy to produce those light pink skirts, like ballet tutus, to please the eye?
 

"Awake, awake, put on strength, Oh arm of the Lord."
Isaiah 51:9



I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

4 comments:

  1. "Perhaps limits are an earthly thing, not an eternal thing." This line stood out to me and I think you're right. I love that with God and his strength there are no limits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at the sky or the ocean, I quickly see and give thanks, that God's palette is without limits just as is his mercy, grace and love. Oh, how he loves us! Thanks for this metaphor, Gabriele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. There's a lot of truth in that sweet illustration. thank you for sharing it with us! (Your neighbor at FMF) Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. So glad I stopped by for a visit on this cold winter's day.

    Lynette
    ~#76 this wk

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?